Friday, October 9, 2009

Justification, Sanctification, and the Interstate

Well... I'm writing this in a RV on the road... I think we are in CT, but who knows. Last I heard was an estimate of NYC around 2am.
Even as tech-savvy as I am... I'm perpetually in awe of what a blessing this day and age is to me- how much I can actually do that when I was born was nonexistent! I'm able to post this because of a little box called a "Personal hotspot"... It is basically a cell phone-modem-wireless hotspot... And it's the size of an iPod nano G3 (You know, the little squat ones... If not... Um... A small box of matches?) Amazing! And the best part is that normally it's pretty fast, especially if you're stopped. As a photographer, the idea of having such a small gizmo to give me Internet access almost anywhere I go is stunning! And as an aspiring videographer, being able to upload video on the fly too is awesome!

Well, that was the interstate part. Now... I was listening to Alistair Begg (my favorite radio preacher) and he was talking about grace, but what struck me as interesting is something I've heard my dad talk about often- that it is a big mistake to assume our justification is internal to us, so when we feel distant from God, it is easy to feel that we have lost our justification, but because it is external to us, it is completely irrelevant to our justification how I feel, or how you feel. Sanctification is only slightly different- it is internal, but is affected externally. So no matter how I might feel, I am still justified, and am still being sanctified. I guess I don't really talk about it outright, but I often get down on myself... And it's because I forget about this. Hope that's encouraging to someone!

Last thing I can think of in this post... Is that I found a pretty cool electric-pop artist who is a Christian. Her stage name is Lights (her website: www.iamlights.com ) I would have to say she sounds like Daft Punk and BarlowGirl thrown in a musical blender. I was pleasantly surprised, and had forgotten my like for synthesized music. Check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment