Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 954

Well, the news of the day is that I got my driver's permit. It's not the only news, but it's the news I'm at liberty to release at the moment. Now, what that has to do with 954 days isn't obvious to most of my friends... in fact, Michelle is the only one who will probably have any idea what happened 954 days ago who wasn't immediately impacted by it.
954 days ago, a very close friend of mine all but disappeared from my life:
954 days ago, Lee Carter died in a car accident... and I still run into moments when I forget she's gone for the moment. In fact, I'd probably have thought of telling her I finally got my permit... except that I had already been telling people about my test, and I went past her name in my contact list. Ah well, there's bound to be time to catch up in Heaven.

I guess the point of that was... I avoided getting my permit because I had a sudden respect for vehicles that had never really struck home with me. It also made me a little distrustful of small cars, but that's a story for another day... and perhaps another location.

Well, that's enough for tonight. It's nearly midnight, and my bed needs clearing before I can try to get some sleep. If there's an application to be made... it'll have to be made later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment