Monday, July 20, 2009

You're a small man, Otis.

Or, so my sister said... in reality, it was a Latin sentence that means "You are a man of little leisure." however in that case, the word for leisure is "otis". You can kinda see where the rest falls in.

Anyhow, I realized that I hadn't posted since before we went to Vermont... and apparently there are actually people who read this... so I am sorry for you. (And thankful.)

I learned something interesting today- the name Chernobyl is Russian for Wormwood... the name of a fallen angel in the book of Revelation. (It also happens to be the name of the recipient of The Screwtape Letters)

I was wondering today just how long it would take me to read the Bible through... Perhaps if I were to set aside an hour on each end of the day, and read it... I might be done in two months, considering that I'm not terriby great about keeping with something like that. On the other hand, I may hit a book like Isaiah or Romans, and fly through them. We'll have to see.

In other news, I redesigned our church's website- www.eastwinthropbaptist.org

So check it out, leave comments, comments would make me happy... and if I get comments, I'll probably post more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment